Monday, May 9, 2011

I stared out the window of the plane pretty much the whole way from Moldova to Frankfurt. As we took off I could literally feel the distance between us and Nastya becoming greater. Staring off into the clouds I just prayed for strength -maybe God would really be able to hear me way up hear in the clouds. Why does it have to be so hard? Why do we have to go through this? Why cant we just bring her home and parent her? As my mind filled with these thoughts I remembered something I recently read..."Sometimes God likes to wet the wood (in this case, soak) before lighting it on fire. That way when it burns, all will know who did it."

When we were getting off the plane in Germany I overheard a man talking to someone in English. He had a southern accent so I asked him where he was from. He responded, "North Carolina". I asked him what he was doing in Moldova and he told me that he owned a business in Moldova and has worked in the country for years (I forget exactly how many). He then asked me what we were doing. I told him we were doing mission work and that my husband and I were trying to adopt from Transnistria. He knew of Transnistria and mentioned that he knew people whom he did work with there. He then proceeded to tell me that his business is to assist Moldovan students with getting visas to do work in the U.S. He said that he worked closely with the U.S. embassy in Chisinau (capital of Moldova) and has connections with people in immigration and visa processing. Then said, "Let me know if you need any help". My mouth was hanging open, I'm sure. I just shook my head and told him I would like to tell him more about our story. We met at the gate and talked for a while before boarding the plane to Atlanta.

Here is his website:
http://www.nancegroup.md/