Wednesday, July 28, 2010

...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances Philippians 4:11

Over the past few months it seems I've become so focused on this adoption that I go to sleep thinking about it and I wake up thinking about it. I even plan everything out in my mind how its going to happen. I constantly wonder if its going to happen and when and then eventually become frustrated. It’s easy in life to get so focused on our dreams, goals, and what WE want that it consumes us, even to the point where we’re not going to be satisfied until it happens. Thankfully and once again, my patient Heavenly Father has reminded me that I don't need anything but HIM in order to be happy. When our goals and dreams start to frustrate us, when we lose our peace, and life's no fun, we're probably a little off balance. When we "learn to be content whatever the circumstances", it takes away the power of the enemy and his ability to frustrate us. When you choose to trust in His timing, you can live in peace and you can rest in Him knowing that He has good things in store for your future.

Thank you Father for the freedom to cast my burdens to you. Father God, during this season of waiting I’m choosing to trust You and Your timing because You are faithful. You know my desires and You know what’s best for me, so God I turn all fear and frustration over the dreams of my heart over to You, the Giver of all our desires. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.